Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Help me Please, doc I need help!!!
Sep 28, 2008

Hi Doc,

First off many thanks for answering my question in advance.

Heres "MY" story.

Been seeing pros for about a year on a semi regular basis.

Ive always used a condom and they have never broke but 2 weeks after a "visit" to the local brothel i developed ulcers....On my scrotum and in my mouth. My imediate thought was Herpes which was pretty confronting (Yet to b tested) but 1 week after they developed i got really sick. Couldn't go to work etc. Then i developed a rash that came and went (Freaked!!) I sort of noticed it on my face but it was slight then I woke one morn prob a few days after I noticed it and it was onmy belly and chest. It was rasied and spoty but it was gone by the aftanoon. I then began to think about HIV.

My questions are 1) dOES This sound like HIV. 2)Can you get herpes which then passes you HIV aswell (It was Vaginal sex but protected, I thought I'd be safe.)

Many Many thanks, oh and by the way how can I donate?

Cheers.

A Very Worried Australian. :->

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worries Aussie,

If your adventures with your local Sheilas were indeed protected, your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condoms were used properly and did not break. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how.

Herpes and many other STDs are far easier to get than HIV. Some, like herpes, only require skin-to-skin contact.

To answer your specific questions:

1. No.

2. You can contract both viruses at the same time; however, as mentioned above, herpes is far easier to catch and if your trouser snake was indeed dressed for action, HIV would not be likely.

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. We gratefully accept credit cards, PayPal, checks, cashier's checks, personal checks, cash, securities and direct wire transfers. Hell, we'll even accept a Koala if you want to send one over, but please no vegemite, OK?

Good luck mate. I'm confident "she'll be apples."

Dr. Bob

Previous
$100 donation Oraquick Testing
Next
Follow Up re PEP

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.