The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I'm very Worried

Sep 28, 2008

Dr. Robert: Before that nothing gets my humbler recognition for your labor so valuable that it he recovers; that God blesses really. Dr. be fixed that one year ago I had sexual contact with a tavesti, using correctly the preservative; nevertheless the doubt has impeded me of having contracted VIH, since my imagination has led me to taking certain symptoms as inconveniences(troubles) in the asillas. After this sexual contact I did not have gripal not not similarly at all, but now, my girlfriend presents a ganglion inflamed in the groin, which presents neither pain nor coloration. Dr is it possible that I am infected and that the beech infected to her? She had neither fevers nor gripal. For your valuable attention, thank you very much.

Response from Dr. Frascino


". . . Troubles in the asillas"??? Hmm . . . I think something may have been lost in translation here, but hopefully I can help reassure you nonetheless. If indeed your sexual contact with the "travesti" was protected with a latex condom, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. If you remain worried, get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark to put your fears permanently to rest. I can't diagnose the cause of your girlfriend's "ganglion" over the Internet, but from what you've told me, I do not believe it is HIV related.

Dr. Bob

hiv through risky handjob
hospital isolation practices

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint