exposure to breast milk ( not in mouth)
Sep 27, 2008
Dear dr bob:
I was at my bachelor party and went to mexico city and met this girl, she was 45, unknown HIV status but chances that she could be infected are high because she insisted so bad in having unprotected sex, which I totally refused. My exposures were the following:
1) The first one is in my opinion the most dangerous. I had a big cut in my finger and I massaged her breast for about 5 minutes, I didnt see any breast milk trough her breast but I felt a greasy sensation in all of my hands (which include the part with a big cut) it could probably be breast milk or any other breast fluid. If this fluid entered my wound, am I at risk? I dont have time to get tested since I ll get married in exactly 25 days and this exposure was a week and a half ago. 2) I touched her trough her pants and underwear with the same hand (the one with the cut), she was wet but I dont think my exposure was significant. 3) She touched herself (inserted a finger or more in her vagina) and then touched my penis trough my underwear (didnt reach my penis directly but my underwear was filled with pre-cum) does this puts me at any risk? Doctor I already donated 100 dollars, Im from a small town where there are no specialists and every single doctor here knows nothing about HIV. I do not want to put my soon to be wife at risk? Can I Woo Hoo without testing and get married without worries?
Thanks in advance. Paul.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Mexico City can be one wild place! I was there a few weeks ago for the International AIDS Conference.
Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. None of your three exposures would be considered significant. Your worries are unwarranted.
Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It is warmly appreciated.
Congratulations on your upcoming trip down the aisle.
Be well. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Headache?
- Is Penis Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Moles On Your Vagina Cause Cervical Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.