Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

thankyou and woohoo
Sep 27, 2008

Thank you so much for being there for all of us. Please continue to give advice without judgement or ridicule of our behaviour. Most of us could not turn to anyone else because they would not be so kind. I lost a cousin to an AIDS related condition. And even after his death some felt he deserved his fate because he was gay. I insisted the death penalty was too harsh a punishment but that at least shut them up. I pray someday that they can give up the hatred and realize we are all just people and noone deserves this disease anymore than anyone deserves any other disease. I've learned from reading your forum we still have a long way to go including better educating testers and taking away the stereotyping from testing. When I read hot mess my situation was similar(in MI) The woman who performed the test felt I was wasting her time, I wasn't in their behavioral group. MSM, drugs for sex etc. so no need to come back after 2mo neg. Thankfully I remained so but she felt the 2mo was only 80%, how many times has she done this and been wrong. Scary. Thanks again for just being there and being honest w/o judging. Remain strong we need you!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thank you for your kind comments. I couldn't agree more regarding the need to be nonjudgmental about sexual orientation, HIV status or even a lapse in judgment that leads to an HIV risk.

I'm delighted you have found the information here enlightening and reassuring. It continues to be a privilege to be able to help those in need.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
please teach me how to play the piano dr
Next
exposure to breast milk ( not in mouth)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.