please teach me how to play the piano dr

Hey doc,

i donated at your site and noticed you play piano, wow, i always wanted to learn, maybe you could teach me? lol have you got any concerts soon, i would like to see you play... my favourite piece of music is moonlight sonata (i think thats how u spell)

doc i also got 2 questions that have been playing on my mind, having read the archives i see hand jobs are essentially zero risk.. thats understood. i got a hj from a sw, is it possible to get hiv through an object, so for example. hiv poz man given hj by poz sw, bodily fluids come in to contact with her and any items in the room. i come along, (circumcised and ready for action) sw touches infected areas or her vagina (if she is poz) briefly and then i get a hj and could transmission be made?

i guess the question im trying to aks is what are the risks if you are given a hj if a sw has/had a small amount of hiv poz bodily fluids on her palm?

we also know 3 month hiv test is definitive and i would also agree that anyone whom is concerned should wait the full 3 months to pass before testing for accurate results, but i read from a reliable source that about half of hiv tests that will become positive are positive within 2 weeks following exposure, At 4 weeks about 85-90% of tests that are going to be positive will be, at 6 weeks that figure increases to about 95% and and 8 weeks 98-99% are positive and after 12 weeks virtually all tests that will become positve are positive. now obviously this would be a rough guideline and there will be exceptions but would you agree? even though i read this from a reliable source i would appreciate if you could tell me that you agree with it as i know info from the body is spot on?

many thanks doc

piano key

Hello Piano Key,

Sorry, I don't give piano lessons anymore. Although I did when I was in medical school to help pay expenses.

As for concerts, yes, I'll be performing at Oberlin College/Conservatory of Music (Ohio) next Friday evening. Our next San Francisco Bay Area concert is scheduled for November 23rd at the Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts.

Regarding your questions:

1. Handjobs are not considered to be a significant risk for HIV transmission/acquisition, even if a sex worker has/had a small amount of HIV-positive bodily guilds on her palm.

2. Giving exact percentages for HIV-antibody test accuracy within the window period is difficult, as there are many variables to consider. What we can say is that the vast majority of HIV-positive folks will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibody in their blood within four-six weeks from the date of primary infection. However, for a definitive and conclusive HIV-antibody test result, you'll need to wait until the three-month mark.

Drinking piss (any danger from unmetabolised meds?)
thankyou and woohoo