I Love You

Yes, it's true.. I love you. However, Dr. Steve will be glad to hear, only in a friendly and admiring way! Although you are very attractive!

After all that, you'll be surprised to hear that I'm a heterosexual in the midst of a quite hellish period. I was happily woo-hooing after my 18 week negative post possible exposure (unprotected vaginal - last of a few - with a female of unknown status) until i read this....."Another discussion paper on the site also says that the 6 month rule would only apply to the old ELISA tests, those who have taken pep or in rare cases, people have been repeatedly exposed to HIV during the window period"... in a thread on the fatigue forum about the UK guidelines (where I'm from).

Take this situation... A man has unprotected sex with a female of unknown status (possible exposure), 5 weeks later he has unprotected sex with a new partner who is definetly HIV negative and may have infected her if he had been infected from his first partner, he continues to have unprotected sex with this girl and gets a neg test 18 weeks after the possible exposure with the first partner and 1 month after last sex with the new partner. Obviously he could have only got infected from the first partner, but if he had infected the second partner could the repeated exposures with her delay his seroconversion?

There were also some weird symptoms thrown into the mix but I do realise test results over-rule them.

This episode has affected me deeply with SEVERE guilt, anxiety and depression.. I can't function and I start university in a few days, haven't even packed! Do you think a 6 month test is warranted or can i keep woo hooing and get my life back on track?.. Te quiero! y te deseo todo lo mejor!

Dude, your theory of delayed seroconversion is totally whacked. HIV doesn't work that way. Your 18-week negative test is definitive and conclusive, OK? Since you're obviously very wigged out about possible HIV infection, why do you continue to have unprotected sex??? Sex is always cleaner with a packed wiener! All of your worries could be easily avoided by using a condom! So suit up and stop worrying. No further HIV testing is warranted, if you had a negative HIV-antibody test three months or longer from your last potential exposure.

As for your falling in love with me, well, you're like the 3rd straight guy this week. Hmm . . . maybe I need to think about changing colognes or something, eh?

Be well. Stay well.

Kind of mad...
prev. girl again- about my last post!!