Worried

Hello, I ordered some take out food, and I started eating it, but I soon realized there was a human fingernail in my mouth, I took the fingernail in my mouth and was grossed out. I am worried if putting someones fingernail in my mouth can spread hiv and aids? I am deeply worried. Please help

Did you happen to order the "finger foods" special?? Although I agree human finger nails found in your Happy Meal are unappetizing, McDonald's does claim to use "secret sauce," so I suppose they can use just about anything they want for flavor, right?

Your HIV risk is nonexistent. I'll reprint below a somewhat related question that concerns a situation in which more than just the nail was found in takeout food.

Is it true?????????? Mar 25, 2005

Dr Bob,

I just heard someone found a thumb in thier spaghetti out in California. Is this true and if so would the person who ate it get HIV?

Tad

Hey Tad,

Well, not exactly. It wasn't a thumb and it wasn't spaghetti. It was a 1 inch tip of a finger in a bowl of chili at a Wendy's in San Jose. (Since your version of the story was exaggerated and the facts were distorted, I can only guess you got your information on the Fox News Channel!)

Could the person who bit into the finger get HIV? No, from talking to the health officials in San Jose, the Wendy's chili was cooked at a high enough temperature to kill HIV and hepatitis. However, the entire unappetizing story does give a whole new meaning to the term "finger foods," now doesn't it?

Where can I dump my load safely?
Dr Bob me and my friend we give blood