Checking a toilet

Ok this is going to sound completely dumb but yeah i have a giant phobia of HIV... So I have two bathrooms one for me and one for my guests. Well the other night my big man friend used the guest one and i guess took a crap and pee. When he left like an half an hour later i went to clean off some stuff ... I lifted the toilet seat to see pee and "little tiny pieces of fecus" mixed with the pee the size of a quater on the seat. Out of sheer fear I dropped the seat and when it hit down I'm sure I felt a tiny spray of stuff hit my face and maybe eyes. I didn't see anything resembling blood but So I was wondering is there anyway I could contract HIV from this. I don't think he has it but he had a girlfriend the cheated on him a lot so you never know. Plus the town she is from is known to have many cases of AIDS in there high school which she just graduated from.

More "toilet terrors" from yet another paranoid bathroom gal with a "giant phobia of HIV"??? Yikes, what is this, a new epidemic powder-room paranoiacs???

And you're worried because your big man had a girlfriend who cheated on him that comes from a town "known to have many cases of AIDS in their high school"???? Oh my!

Relax sweetie. Neither poop nor pee transmits HIV. See below. You might want to consider getting some counseling for your giant phobia before it becomes an enormous phobia.

Vomit transmission May 21, 2008

I wish so bad for you to answer this question cause I can't seem to find a good answer. Some places say vomit has hiv in it, others don't. Since you are a dr, and very knowledgeable, and a nice man, I am asking you.

My friend was very drunk on his birthday and he threw up a lot in the toilet. I was helping him move down to the ground and i got some vomit on my hand. A few seconds later, without washing my hand yet, my cat jumped on me and scratched/cut my hand. I started bleeding. I am worried about hiv transmission through this cut. I don't know if my friend is std free. But I do know he is promiscuous with the men.

Please help. I have been worrying about this for so long.

You can't find a good answer? Did you check the archives? Your answer was there waiting for you. See below.

Briefly, vomitus is not considered an HIV risk, unless it contains visible blood.

hiv in nasal mucus? Aug 12, 2006

Dear dr. Frascino, does nasal mucus contain HIV and can an accidental ingestion of nasal mucus of a person with HIV and not on HAART be at risk? Thank you!

Nasal secretions similar to saliva, sputum, sweat, tears, urine, vomitus and feces are not implicated in the transmission of HIV, unless they contain visible blood.

Out of curiosity, how did you mange to "accidentally" chow down some HIV positive boogers?

just one shake Feb 7, 2007

Hello Doc, My girlfriend is working as a bartender and she cut her self by cutting fruit. Then she shaked hand with some guy has AIDS and he had sweat hands. She felt burn reaction from his sweat on her finger. It's possibility to infected this way? thank you

Nope! Even if sweaty hands poz-guy had also picked his nose, peed on his fingers and upchucked a Big Mac all over his hands before the handshake, your girlfriend's HIV risk remains completely nonexistent. (Tears, sweat, saliva, nasal mucous, urine, vomitus and feces do not transmit HIV, unless there is visible blood.)

IMPORTANT MESSAGE
Testosterone question (please help)