PEP Side Effects

how long can the effects of PEPs last once you have stopped taking them??

i was on PEPs for 42 days after a very risky possible exsposure...

i got tested at 7 days, 30 days, and 9 weeks after my risky exposure( all negative )

however, its now 3 weeks after i stopped takin the PEPs and im still having very real symptoms...

sore throat, headache, pain in my chest and arm pits, and when i take a deep breath it hurts...

could these symptoms be lingering effects of PEPs??

are they symptoms of stress???

is it possible I have had symptoms of ARS for 3 weeks??

Why did you take PEP for 42 days??? A full course of PEP is 28 days.

Why did you get tested at 7 days, 30 days and 9 weeks? The recommendation is to test immediately and then at 4-6 weeks, 3 months and 6 months.

As I have said many times in this forum, anyone who has an HIV exposure significant enough to warrant a course of PEP should be followed by an HIV specialist. Any HIV specialist worth his salt would have advised you on the proper duration for a full course of PEP and also advised you on the recommended HIV testing schedule. In addition, an HIV specialist would evaluate and manage all symptoms related to PEP (side effects/toxicities) as well as any symptom that developed during the treatment course.

Are the symptoms you described related to PEP? Most likely not. Could they be related to stress? Yes. Follow up with an HIV specialist if you remain concerned.

ARS while on PEP
not a question only thanks