The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hiv Antibodies Detection

Sep 23, 2008


I read on the web that an individual can sometime not develop hiv antibodies for a very long period than the six months and recommended to test every six months for some years!!. My question is, 1) if a person does not develop antibodies then his antigen test can be a solution to identify the Virus??. As i recently had a BIOelisa Hiv Ag/Ab Combo test (4th Generation) at 5 months and 2 weeks after exposure and the result was negative, 2) can this be satisfactory for me? Thank you

Response from Dr. Frascino


You read on the Web that it is "recommended to test every six months for some years!"???? Hmm . . . well, I read on the Web that Dubya had absolutely nothing to do with going to war against the wrong country; the loss of trillions of dollars, millions of jobs and thousands of lives; the loss of an entire city due to bad weather and the greatest financial disaster since the Great Depression!!! The point is you can't believe everything you read on the Web! If you want accurate information about HIV/AIDS, stick to well-respected, science-based HIV-information Web sites, like, for instance!

Your negative HIV Ag/Ab combo test at 5.5 months is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. (No John McCain. No Sarah "I can see Russia from my house" Palin.)

Dr. Bob

Worried and possibly sick (?)

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint