Worried Father (from Singapore) again - Last Question (promise) - Please answer (Donation made using credit card - verisign)

Dear Doctor,

Please help - am I becoming insane. I have asked you two questions and your response was that my worries are unwarranted and my problem remains psychological, not virologic.

I need your on advise on my recent exposure. The other day when I was walking to office I found that band-aid is stuck on my shoe (front side of the shoe near the toe). From that onwards I am worried again. Can I get HIV from the band-aid. May be the band-aid was wet due to fresh blood. Can HIV virus penetrate shoe leather. Please advise doctor - can I get hiv because of this incident. Should I continue having normal relationship with my wife? I am also not sure why my toe is having mild pain after that incident (may be psychological stuff).

Thanks again for all your good work and great help to humanity. I have made my small contribution of 50 dollars for the good cause of your foundation.

Now you're worried about a used Band-Aid stuck to your shoe??? YIKES!!! Your problem is no longer psychological. It's become psychiatric! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. I just can't say it any plainer than that. However, you do have a significant medical problem irrational fear of HIV infection. I strongly urge you to seek psychiatric help in confronting this very real problem.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation.

non specific binding to the nitrocellulose strip
Speed of Transmission?