Worried

Hi Rob,

I've been pretty concerned about myself. Last year, I had a few sexual contacts with a guy I knew from the internet (very wise indeed). He insisted on barebacking which I wasn't keen on. But in the end we both had anal sex (took turns) for just a few minutes before I stopped. Other than that we had oral sex and kissing.

He told me he had taken the test a few months back and was tested negative. I wasn't sure because I was never tested (I'm afraid to). But he said some scary things after I told him that we should stop seeing each other because I wanna stop having sex with strangers. He said things like my life is gonna end soon anyway, which lead me to believe that he might be positive.

I've been very worried now especially since I recently had a lot of rashes. But that could just well be because it's winter down here and it's really dry here.

Anyhow, I'd be looking forward for your reply! Thank you very much!

Hello Worried,

Your concern and worry are warranted, because you elected to have bareback sex, thereby placing yourself at risk for STDs, including HIV. However, just worrying about it is not at all helpful. What's this nonsense about being too afraid to test?!?!? When it comes to HIV, what you don't know can kill you. If I chose not to test after my occupational exposure in January 1991 and just ignored the situation (or did nothing more than worry about it), I wouldn't be here responding to your question. I'd be pushing up daisies.

It's time to man-up, grow a pair and do what you know needs to be done. Get tested! Read through the archives. We have whole chapters devoted to testing, transmission and many other topics. You should find the information and testimonials there encouraging.

Good luck! I'm here if you need me.

HIV Antibody Dissapearing? Yoga
use of PEP