HIV Antibody Dissapearing? Yoga
Sep 22, 2008
Hi Dr. Bob! My question is say a person is HIV Positive and undergoes treatment -is it possible that they test negative for HIV during the antibody test after sometime after successfull treatment with meds or all HIV postive people no matter how supressed the virus is in there system test positive?
Response from Dr. Frascino
No, that does not happen. Even though antiretroviral drugs can drive HIV plasma viral load to "undetectable" levels for extended periods of time, the HIV-antibody test will remain positive. If it didn't, we'd essentially have a cure for HIV/AIDS. Unfortunately, that is not the case. You can read much more about HIV tests in the archives and also under the Quick Links heading on the Body's homepage.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Neuropathy After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.