Donations

Oh, Dr. Bob, My apologies,

I have promised you over a year ago that I would send you and your foundation a donation, I put it aside and forgot about it until now while reading on this site for the first time in a long while. I feel bad not to keep my promise and would love to send you a donation. A silly question I have is if I send under $50.00 would it make a difference? I am not rich. Ha ha. And do you take personal checks and where would I send it to. I love you as a person Dr. Bob because here you are Hiv Pos. and you still care about others and woohoo for them when they test negative. Jesus said the greatest thing of all is "love".

With Love

Certainly no apology is required and your question is certainly not silly in the least. Let me tell you one way a donation of under $50 could make a difference. We work with a program in Africa that supplies antiretroviral drugs to pregnant HIV-positive women and their newborns to significantly decrease the chance HIV would be passed onto the child during childbirth. It costs 85 cents to provide the medication. Yes, that is correct: eighty-five cents could save a life by preventing a mother-to-child transmission of HIV. Now you can do the math to calculate how many lives could be saved by your donation! People don't have to be rich to make a difference! What seems like a drop in the proverbial bucket for donations is actually a tidal wave of philanthropy for those in desperate need. By combining all our individual gifts and efforts, we create a very powerful "concerted effort" that can and will change the course of this pandemic!

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation does indeed accept personal checks as well as PayPal, credit card donations, cashier's checks, direct-wired deposits from banks, cash, etc. (Diamond mines, oil fields and similar items are also accepted if you happen to have any of those lying around.) Donation information for the foundation can be found on its Web site, www.concertedeffort.org. The foundation's address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Thanks for your kind words, tax-deductible donation and love!

Be well.

Is it possible
HIV QUESTION