Is it possible

Dr Bob,

I was wondering. Is it possile for a male who is hiv negative who has unprotected sex with a female who is hiv positive to get the virus if there is no blood present or the vaginal fluid never makes contact with any open sores or open cuts on the male, being he doesn't have any. Is it possible for the vaginal fluid to penatrate through the skin of the penis, or travel through the males pee-pee hole and get him infected? Considering that they only had regular intercourse (penis to vagina) together.

I'm hoping you are only in middle school at the very latest, as this type of very basic HIV-transmission information should be taught well before sexual activity is even contemplated, let alone inaugurated!

The answer to your question is a definitive yes! HIV-infected vaginal/cervical fluids can permeate across a mucous membranes, like the one lining your urethra (pee hole) without cuts or open sores. However, HIV cannot penetrate intact skin. You can read much more about HIV transmission in the archives of this forum. I strongly advise you become well informed about HIV transmission as well as HIV prevention/safer sexual techniques before considering a tumble in the sheets, OK?

keepin it real fo reals
Donations