Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

plzz Dr.Bob, its been the 9th time I am asking
Sep 20, 2008

Hey Dr. Bob,

I kindly request you to pay some heed to my worries, as I cant seem to find any solution to my problem. I promise i wont disturb you ever again once u certify me a woo-hoo case. But my symptoms just make me think otherwise.

Had exposure in Aug 2005, got multiple negative MEIA test for HIV1 & 2 till Dec 2007. But symptoms never faded away. I am tired of living my current life. No joy as i am perennialy tired. I have low grade fevers every day since the last 2 years. Now I have never read that stress can cause these fevers in the 99-99.5 range. My hands go totally red & my head starts spinning even upon slight concentration, say while reading or even listening to someone attentively.

Why is it happening? I can bear the pain all my life, but then if only 2 min of concentration can disrupt my balance & cause me to feel tired & feverish, how would i get out of it? is it still HIV? I have done all other tests including malaria, chest x ray, CBC, etc. But no cause of fever could be detected. Please Dr. Bob, I beg you to reply. I have searched & browsed through the archive but couldnt find a single case of the person feeling feverish for 2 years(99.5) & reason being stress.

I shall be alwas greatful to you, just like so many of us worried wells are. May god bless you.

- Nik

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Nik,

"Is it still HIV"??? No, of course not. It never was! Your multiple negative HIV tests out 2.5 years are definitive and conclusive. I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. However, I can advise you with absolutely certainty that HIV is not your problem. If your doctors have evaluated your symptoms and not found a physical cause to explain them, I'd suggest you consider a psychological cause such as anxiety! Psychosomatic illness can cause very real symptoms. Stress, anxiety and depression could account for your fatigue, lack of concentration, etc. It's definitely worth checking out, as these are very treatable conditions!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
a smart question
Next
curiosity

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.