Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Will HIV transmit trough water or animals?
Sep 18, 2008

hello doc.im now currently working in a fish spa where fishes are used to nibble away all your dead skin cells.my question is, will anyone be infected with HIV through the water used during the treatment if there is another person with HIV sharing it as well(both infected and non infected has open wounds)? is it possible that fishes transmit HIV to another person's open wound?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

A fish spa where fish are used to nibble away all your dead skin cells???? You mean people actually climb into vats of trained piranhas?? OUCHAMAGOUCHA! HIV would not be a concern in this situation. It is not transmitted via biting fish or water in spas. However, personally, if someone or something plans on nibbling away on my kibble and bits (and other body parts) in a hot tub, they better plan on at least buying me dinner and drinks first.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Ding dong injury (part two)
Next
confusion about virusmyth.com

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.