Ding dong injury (part two)

Dr Fabulous

I did receive your response.thanks !!!!To refresh your memory. I received a bruised penis from an unprotected bj. The girl got tested and was neg. But she has a regular partner that wouldn't be covered by her test. I was tested at 89 days(oral), 115 days (finger), 116 days (statpack, fingerstick made by inverness pharmacuticals ). I then had orasure oral at 122 days. I can't seem to believe my status. The king county study really threw me. I would like to sleep with my wife but my fear of giving my wife hiv is keeping me "down"(If you know what I mean).Please note the statpack was done because its not an orasure test. Can I resume my life or is more testing needed? I have donated before and will do so again. My best to you and Dr steve!!!

You correctly identified your problem when you wrote "I can't seem to believe my status." Your problem is psychological, not virologic. It's related to fear of HIV, not HIV itself. You need to seek professional help (psychologist or psychiatrist) to help you accept the overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you dodged the HIV bullet and are definitively and conclusively HIV negative. You also need to level with your wife, if you haven't done that already. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

You should be WOO-HOOing, not worrying!

Worried sick of possible HIV infection
Will HIV transmit trough water or animals?