The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Ding dong injury (part two)

Sep 18, 2008

Dr Fabulous

I did receive your response.thanks !!!!To refresh your memory. I received a bruised penis from an unprotected bj. The girl got tested and was neg. But she has a regular partner that wouldn't be covered by her test. I was tested at 89 days(oral), 115 days (finger), 116 days (statpack, fingerstick made by inverness pharmacuticals ). I then had orasure oral at 122 days. I can't seem to believe my status. The king county study really threw me. I would like to sleep with my wife but my fear of giving my wife hiv is keeping me "down"(If you know what I mean).Please note the statpack was done because its not an orasure test. Can I resume my life or is more testing needed? I have donated before and will do so again. My best to you and Dr steve!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino


You correctly identified your problem when you wrote "I can't seem to believe my status." Your problem is psychological, not virologic. It's related to fear of HIV, not HIV itself. You need to seek professional help (psychologist or psychiatrist) to help you accept the overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you dodged the HIV bullet and are definitively and conclusively HIV negative. You also need to level with your wife, if you haven't done that already. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

You should be WOO-HOOing, not worrying!

Dr. Bob

Worried sick of possible HIV infection
Will HIV transmit trough water or animals?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint