Pep warranted? Donation yes

dr, i beg you. I went today to withdraw my wife's blood test results, and i met the guy who usually run the analysis at that lab and i shook hand with him. The guy was holding a tray full of blood vacum tubes. My concer is that probably his hands were contaminated with possible infected blood from the tubes. I did not notice any blood on his hand and my skin was intact at palm. I did not see anyblood. Is pep warranted? ( i know that you might think that i am crazy but probably, my "exposure" in the lab settings can be of danger. Dr, i am really getting crazy. When i got back home i washed my hands with sanitizer but that is only 15 min after the"exposurr" please let me know. Again the tray was full of blood tubes. Is it possible that his hands were "dirty", especially that he was not really sure of himself while shaking hands with me, as if he was hesitating. Dr. Pleaseeeeee. Dr, i had a small cut on my finger, but he did not touch me there and i wiped my hands (the touched area) pretty good with alcohol before washing my hands so i guess my wound was not exposed, at least directly. Again i could not see blood on me. Dr, usually people working in labs do they touch blood or they use the tubes directly in the machines?

Is PEP warranted??? No, of course not! PEP is recommended only for significant HIV exposures. You had nothing more than a handshake, frevinsakes!! Your fears are completely unwarranted and totally irrational. I suggest you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and on its related links, focusing on exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted. Begin with the information in the archives concerning HIV (non-sexual) transmission.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Now stop worrying, OK?

Be well.

cunnilingus
Worried sick of possible HIV infection