Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

QTND French Kissing
Sep 16, 2008

Dr.Bob,

I donated 100.00 before and got your dvd and I promise to do so again. I looked up this in the forum and all the answers go back to 2005. Has any new data about French Kissing come out or is the same as it has always been.Second,You said a kiss is just a kiss and two people would have to have had recent Dental Surgury to pose a risk. If I engaged in French Kissing with an hiv positive person and noticed the next day that I had about 3 or 4 small cuts in my mouth what is the possibility of contracting Hiv. When you say it is extremely non existant what is the risk? Should I worry about it and get tested? I know it is always good to know your status but I can tell you I know for sure before that night I was not +.

Scared to kiss with out checking my moutn out each and every time.

Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Nope. No new news about lip-lock and tonsil-hockey. The words to that classic song from Casablanca still apply: "You must remember this; a kiss is but a kiss; as time goes by."

Relax Max! Unless you're kissing Count Dracula (or Countess Draculina), your HIV-acquisition risk remains so remote that it is essentially nonexistent. What do I mean by essentially nonexistent? That means your risk is so vanishingly small that it, in essence, ceases to exist. Yes, there is always a theoretical risk, as in the case of necking with a vampire or two folks meeting in the waiting room of their dentist's office after having teeth extracted and deciding to deep kiss while still experiencing gushing bleeding from their wounds. In other words, stop worrying so much. Pucker up and start smooching, OK?

Thanks for your donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). I'm glad you enjoyed the DVD.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Need advice on testing from the cute Doc
Next
Is refusing sex with new boyfriend before testing weird?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.