QTND French Kissing

Dr.Bob,

I donated 100.00 before and got your dvd and I promise to do so again. I looked up this in the forum and all the answers go back to 2005. Has any new data about French Kissing come out or is the same as it has always been.Second,You said a kiss is just a kiss and two people would have to have had recent Dental Surgury to pose a risk. If I engaged in French Kissing with an hiv positive person and noticed the next day that I had about 3 or 4 small cuts in my mouth what is the possibility of contracting Hiv. When you say it is extremely non existant what is the risk? Should I worry about it and get tested? I know it is always good to know your status but I can tell you I know for sure before that night I was not +.

Scared to kiss with out checking my moutn out each and every time.

Thanks

Nope. No new news about lip-lock and tonsil-hockey. The words to that classic song from Casablanca still apply: "You must remember this; a kiss is but a kiss; as time goes by."

Relax Max! Unless you're kissing Count Dracula (or Countess Draculina), your HIV-acquisition risk remains so remote that it is essentially nonexistent. What do I mean by essentially nonexistent? That means your risk is so vanishingly small that it, in essence, ceases to exist. Yes, there is always a theoretical risk, as in the case of necking with a vampire or two folks meeting in the waiting room of their dentist's office after having teeth extracted and deciding to deep kiss while still experiencing gushing bleeding from their wounds. In other words, stop worrying so much. Pucker up and start smooching, OK?

Thanks for your donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). I'm glad you enjoyed the DVD.

Need advice on testing from the cute Doc
Is refusing sex with new boyfriend before testing weird?