dumb military guy is back .

hi,after getting tested at 3 months and 6 months for hiv 1 and 2 with an rapid test, which both came back negative and then 9 ,10,12 months and just recently 24 months just for hiv1, which were all negative. i was fine for alittle while but then they i found some lymph nodes, in my neck that can only be seen my an MRI. i know i am in the clear for HIV1, but ive been looking everywhere for information about HIV2. are my tests at 3 and 6 months for hiv2 reliable? is it the same window period? i think i have a problem , my gf is about to break up with me because i am driving her crazy with this phobia she calls it.

Hello Military Guy,

The window period for HIV-2 is the same as HIV-1. Your negative HIV-2 tests at three and six months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. (No John McCain. No Sarah "I can see Russia from my house" Palin.)

"I think I have a problem . . . ." I absolutely agree. And that problem is not virological; it's psychological. Yep, that's right. It's all in your head! Your fear of being HIV infected is unwarranted and irrational. If you want to keep your girlfriend and your sanity, I suggest you advise your girlfriend that you realize you do have an abnormal fear of being HIV infected, despite overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you are HIV negative. Also, tell her you will seek psychological help in confronting and conquering these irrational fears. Get the counseling you definitely need, not additional HIV tests that you definitely don't need!

HMMM just me???
Resistant esophageal thrush