Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

question not in the archives (ignore duplicate in fatigue)
Sep 15, 2008

Dr. Bob, Thanks for your great work. At first I wondered why some of your responses were so goofy, but I think that's to keep your sanity.

I was masturbating with a guy I don't know very well on separate chairs (I like to be super safe). All was well (he got off, I got off) until he decided to lunge towards me and try to touch my penis with his semen-covered hands. They weren't dripping (I had provided him with a paper towel), but they weren't sterile either. He didn't get to my penis, but his hand did hit my blocking hand which had a finger cut on it. The cut was covered with a band-aid, but it had gotten wet earlier (and I think wet band-aids absorb fluids pretty easily).

I went to the bathroom and rinsed my hand with hot water and soap then took the band-aid off and rinsed it again. The small cut hadn't healed.

How low is my risk? I'm so mad at this guy since I try so hard to be safe, especially with a stranger.

You're right about Palin. John McCain lost my vote with her. I'm trying to convince my Republican parents to do the same!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Some of my responses may indeed sound "goofy," because I'm responding to questions that are even goofier! (Is goofier even a word?) Also, I fully believe in the wise words of playwright Paul Rudnick when he wrote, "Only money, rage, and science can conquer AIDS. But only laughter can make the nightmare bearable." I try to use all four weapons money, rage, science and laughter to combat the pandemic.

Turning to your specific question, your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. If HIV were that easily transmitted, it would have wiped out the entire planet long ago. I'd suggest you spend some time perusing the wealth of information (and goofy responses) in this forum, focusing on HIV-transmission risk. You should find the information very reassuring and hopefully at times entertaining as well.

Please do convince your Republican parents that McCain is way too old, too out of touch and too reckless to be president. Palin is clearly not ready, even if she can see Russia from her house.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Pos EIA, Neg WB (POSITIVE ELISA, NEGATIVE WESTERN BLOT)
Next
Thanks ...not a question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.