Fingering and washing penis...HIV transmission

Dear Dr. Bob,

I am amazed at the care you provide in answering questions even to hiv positive people...in my country it is not so...and i am so shy of asking anyone about this...

I searched the archives and found some similar scenarios, but still felt that nothing matches mine so closely...so please answer me...i am worried a lot...

I had sex with a prostitute. Before intercourse, i fingered her for a while. After ejaculation, i washed my hands in running water for 6-7 seconds with a detergent bar. After that i washed my penis(uncircumsied) using the same finger. I do not know her status. I am afraid of being infected? I had not slept for the last five weeks. I had written twice earlier but did not get reply. Please advice me on this. What is the probablitiy i could be infected? I am getting married in 2 months? Please...please reply...

-Stupid Fellow

You haven't slept for five weeks? Hmm . . . impressive! Regarding your HIV-acquisition risk:

1. If the "intercourse" was protected by properly using a latex condom and the condom did not break, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent. If the sex was unprotected, you would have incurred a significant risk for STDs, including HIV, and should get screened for STDs now and an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark.

2. Fingering is not considered an HIV risk, assuming the skin on the fingers doing the probing was intact.

3. Touching your Mr. Happy with the "fingering fingers" after washing them for "6-7 seconds with a detergent bar" would not pose an HIV risk.

Now, go to bed and get some sleep. The dark circles under your eyes are getting scary looking.

Speciciment exhibits non specific findings
test