Fingering and washing penis...HIV transmission
Sep 13, 2008
Dear Dr. Bob,
I am amazed at the care you provide in answering questions even to hiv positive people...in my country it is not so...and i am so shy of asking anyone about this...
I searched the archives and found some similar scenarios, but still felt that nothing matches mine so closely...so please answer me...i am worried a lot...
I had sex with a prostitute. Before intercourse, i fingered her for a while. After ejaculation, i washed my hands in running water for 6-7 seconds with a detergent bar. After that i washed my penis(uncircumsied) using the same finger. I do not know her status. I am afraid of being infected? I had not slept for the last five weeks. I had written twice earlier but did not get reply. Please advice me on this. What is the probablitiy i could be infected? I am getting married in 2 months? Please...please reply...
Response from Dr. Frascino
You haven't slept for five weeks? Hmm . . . impressive! Regarding your HIV-acquisition risk:
1. If the "intercourse" was protected by properly using a latex condom and the condom did not break, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent. If the sex was unprotected, you would have incurred a significant risk for STDs, including HIV, and should get screened for STDs now and an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark.
2. Fingering is not considered an HIV risk, assuming the skin on the fingers doing the probing was intact.
3. Touching your Mr. Happy with the "fingering fingers" after washing them for "6-7 seconds with a detergent bar" would not pose an HIV risk.
Now, go to bed and get some sleep. The dark circles under your eyes are getting scary looking.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will I Always Have Discharge With Herpes?
- Will Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Blistering?
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
- What's The Difference Between Vaginosis And Vaginitis?
- What Are The Chances Of High Risk Hpv Turning Into Cancer?
- Symptoms Of Herpes In The Vagina
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.