The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Very nervous

Sep 13, 2008

Hello Dr. Bob,

I heard so many good things about you. I know you will guide me in right direction. Here's the deal: I went to Cancun Mexico for vacation couple of weeks ago. I visited strip club where I had a lap dance. Girl who was giving me lap dance, kissed me deep. Now when I am back, my stomach is hurting and I also had loose motion frequently. I don't see any lymph node swelling in neck. I feel tired all day. My throat is also little sore. Sometimes my vision is also gets blurry.

It is killing me inside that I allowed that girl to kiss me. Do you think I should get checked or tested for STDs or HIV?

Please let me know... Thanks,


Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Andy,

Stomach ache, diarrhea, fatigue . . . and you're worried about HIV from a kiss and lap dance? HELLO! EARTH TO ANDY!!! Andy, you were in Mexico. Have you ever heard of Montezuma's Revenge (traveler's diarrhea)??? Not only is it far more common than HIV; it also frequently occurs in folks visiting Mexico.

Stop fretting about lap dances and kisses. Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. Remember that old song from Casablanca? ("You must remember this; a kiss is just a kiss . . . as time goes by.")

I'd recommend you see your general medical doctor for an evaluation. And don't forget to tell him you've just returned from Mexico!

Dr. Bob

Will You Run for President
Will I be infected both HIV and HBV from my "string" saliva?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint