Very nervous

Hello Dr. Bob,

I heard so many good things about you. I know you will guide me in right direction. Here's the deal: I went to Cancun Mexico for vacation couple of weeks ago. I visited strip club where I had a lap dance. Girl who was giving me lap dance, kissed me deep. Now when I am back, my stomach is hurting and I also had loose motion frequently. I don't see any lymph node swelling in neck. I feel tired all day. My throat is also little sore. Sometimes my vision is also gets blurry.

It is killing me inside that I allowed that girl to kiss me. Do you think I should get checked or tested for STDs or HIV?

Please let me know... Thanks,

Andy

Hello Andy,

Stomach ache, diarrhea, fatigue . . . and you're worried about HIV from a kiss and lap dance? HELLO! EARTH TO ANDY!!! Andy, you were in Mexico. Have you ever heard of Montezuma's Revenge (traveler's diarrhea)??? Not only is it far more common than HIV; it also frequently occurs in folks visiting Mexico.

Stop fretting about lap dances and kisses. Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. Remember that old song from Casablanca? ("You must remember this; a kiss is just a kiss . . . as time goes by.")

I'd recommend you see your general medical doctor for an evaluation. And don't forget to tell him you've just returned from Mexico!

Will You Run for President
Will I be infected both HIV and HBV from my "string" saliva?