Thank You!

Hi Dr. Frascino,

This isn't a question at all but I just wanted to thank you for this forum and the work you are doing to spread FACT about HIV to dispel the stigma that seems to surround the virus and those who are infected by it.

A few weeks ago, I began dating someone who was positive. He hit me like a ton of bricks, in a word, he was amazing but at the time, I didn't know he was positive. It was such a shock when he did finally tell me as he wasn't comfortable making it known right away (and I hardly blame him considering how HIV+ people are treated by society). After he told me, I turned, In desperation, to the web. I began looking for answers to all the obvious questions about what kind of life I could expect to have with him if things worked out; whether I could overcome the seemingly ingrained paranoia of infection, the fear of being left alone when the inevitable happened and that's when I found your site.

Through your answers to questions others had asked regarding magnetic relationships and own, personal testimony, I was able to see past the stigma and the fear my biological-science background had created within my mind and to see the same amazing person I met weeks before, without the lense of HIV. I managed to find the courage to embrace my Mr. Right without reservation, to see the person for who he is, positives and negatives aside. God bless you and all your endeavors at The Body, you are doing some truly incredible and desperately needed work!

Your post truly made my day! And I was having a spectacularly fine day to begin with. So you can imagine how much I appreciated receiving your comments! I'm delighted you found the information in this forum and my personal testimonial enlightening and reassuring. As for your efforts and success at overcoming the "ingrained paranoia" all I can say is BRAVO!

Please let me (and my Mr. Right) be the first to wish you and your Mr. Right health, happiness and peace.

last ever question about toilets?
Mr. Robert J. Frascino are you HIV+