last question I promise

I wrote you and said I finally went and got tested last month. 8/27/08. I was told by the nurse that negative means negative after the 3 month time of last possible exposure. I asked if I should wait and get another test in another 3 to 6 months they said no need because Elisa test was very accuarte. But I am to understand on other sites that it can take some people up to 6 months of a window period from last exposure and have a false neg. however, the info on those web pages are from 2004/05/06. Has the common blood tests improved recently? Are my test conclusive as to a negative result? Last sexapade was May5th 2008 test done on 8 27-08 = 3 months 22 days or 114 days. Test was done at County Clinic if that matters. Thanks very kindly. Contribution on its way but not enough for what you people are doing for the public.

I agree with the advice the nurse provided. A negative HIV test at the three-month mark is considered to be definitive, unless there are rare extenuating circumstances. You can read much more about this in the archives. Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing.

Be well. Stay well.

Fingering and HIV ??
Fear of HIV keeping me from sex