Test generation help (from Obamacan)

Hi Dr. Bob,

You and I agree on politics, but you know more than I about HIV. So, I need your help.

I was tested at Labcorp (it says HIV 1/O/2) using what they describe as this: This test uses recombinant antigen sources and detects antibodies by specific immune binding and subsequent chemiluminescent reaction (ICMA technology).

I don't know what this means, but I do understand that different test generations have different window periods. Does this description provide you with enough information to determine what generation of test it was? Even if it doesn't, please let me know. A lot of people go through Labcorp and it may be helpful for them to know too. I'm about 18 weeks since my exposure, but I'd feel even better if I knew this wasn't a first generation.

Hi Obamacan-man,

"Generations" of tests refer primarily to ELISA tests (enzyme linked immunosorbent assays). Your ICMA (immunochemiluminometric assay) uses a slightly different methodology, but is also extremely accurate and reliable. The window period, even for first generation ELISA tests, remains three months. Your negative 18-week ICMA is indeed conclusive and WOO-HOOable!

(The GOP is up to its dirty politics once again, trying to divide and distract the country while geriatric reckless McSame and his trophy-vice squeak into power, essentially unvetted. For the sake of the nation and HIV/AIDS policy, we must not let this happen. Enough is enough! Common sense must prevail! OBAMACAN!)

Ziagen,Emtriva and Reyataz
Reliability of Oraquick Test- Seattle Study