I went and got tested part 3.

Hi Dr. Bob, Just a follow up. I went got my results today. I took the test "elisa" I assume? about 20 or so after the 3 month mark of my last potential exposure. It came back undectable/negative the report said. I asked if I should retest again after 3 more months or 6 months. The nurse said she saw no reason to retest since it was after the 3 month marker. I guess I can woohoo now or just a woo until I hear you woohoo first :) And thanks again for you and all the staff at the body. I do want to say to all who read these posts. Please listen to this man and everyone else on this site. I trust his straight forward and honest facts. You many not like the way you get an answer or it may be late at times or now at all. But listen, these Doctors on here are devoting their time and energy to help you and I over come our fears irrational or genuine, as well as help those who are Hiv+. The test is scary, but I agree with Dr.Bob in the fact that the only way to combat your fear and anxiety is get tested. I was 100% ready for my test to come back positive wit the full acceptance that I chose to take risks in the past. I read the posts and replys on here and decided just to get tested, it was better to know either way than torturing yourself. For your own health and well as for those you choose to has sex with, play say and use condoms all the time. Lets kill this virus so it wont kill in the future.

I went and got tested Aug 30, 2008

I took your advice from reading all the posts. I went and got tested for stds/hiv. Gave all past info of any medical problems and I explained the encounters I had which was getting a blowjob "long time" and giving a 10 second oral. Told of symptoms I was going thru. I was told same thing that you tell many, oral sex is very low chance and rare from their experience. That I was getting symptoms from over worrys. I still am nervous I admit and decided that if it comes back positive I will just have to accept it as I already have concluded in my mind I am +... They mentioned it would be a surprize if I was positive. Thanks for this website and how you respond to everyone here. I hope for your good luck Karma that all is well. God Bless.

I'm glad you finally decided to get tested rather than continue to worry. Since you have "concluded in (your) mind (you) are positive," I suggest you begin to consider your conclusion was mistaken! I remain confident you'll soon be WOO-HOOing and writing in with a typical "Dr. Bob, guess what?!?! I'm negative!!!" type letter, which I will post and add to the astoundingly large collection of similar testimonials already posted in the archives. And I want to remind you in advance, I did indeed "guess what!"

WOO-de-frickin'-HOO! As anticipated, your results are negative; conclusively, definitively negative!

Once again, someone who had "concluded he was positive" in reality turns out to be negative and writes back to advise others to get tested! I do hope your experience will help others still trapped in their self-induced worried-well hell to man up (or woman up!) and get tested. When it comes to HIV, what you don't know can kill you! I can't tell you the number of folks I treated who were too afraid to get tested and eventually came down with a severe opportunistic infection, which could have readily been prevented if we had known they were HIV positive. Theses folks don't survive long, as it is very difficult to rescue an immune system that has been almost totally decimated by unchecked HIV infection that is now also battling a concurrent severe opportunistic infection or malignancy. These folks realize far too late that if they had tested earlier, they could have remained healthy for decades.

Be well. Stay well. Continue to spread the message of HIV/AIDS awareness, education, testing, prevention and treatment! You just may save a life!

I went and got tested Aug 30, 2008

To unreal to be real considering I'm a counselor. May you PLEASE help me?
Ziagen,Emtriva and Reyataz