For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

kidney stones and Atripla

I've a friend and I are both taking Atripla for over a year. I understand that kidney failure could be one of the side effects. My friend found out about a month a go he had a kidney stone. Today he was told he had stones in both kidneys now and more than what it showed a month ago. I guess my question is. Can Atripla make your kidneys produce stones?

Some antiretrovirals, such as Crixivan, have been associated with kidney stones. However, please note the vast majority of kidney stones are not related to HIV drugs. Atripla has not been associated with kidney stones; however, tenofovir, one of the components of Atripla, has been associated with some kidney problems, but not the production of kidney stones.

Re: Does Truvada influence the window period of HIV infection
To unreal to be real considering I'm a counselor. May you PLEASE help me?