Re: Does Truvada influence the window period of HIV infection

Hey Doc,

I looked into the PCR testing you recommended and it is too expensive for me...

I am a college student and the school offers free standard testing and STD screening but not PCR tests.

Being the studious kid I am, I went to the school library and read a bunch of stuff,

Only a co-infection with acute HCV and PEP can cause a delayed seroconversion right? Even then, the delayed time is no more than 4 weeks right?

And Truvada is not proscribe as PEP or at least not by itself....

And I also read this article that signals that Truvada has no effect on the production of HIV antibodies.

http://tagbasicscienceproject.typepad.com/tags_basic_science_vaccin/2008/09/case-report-sug.html

Of course, I called the people at Gilead Sciences and besides the fact that they told me that Truvada does not cure HIV over and over again until my ears started to bleed, nothing else was added.

I think I will just get tested again at 6 months to be sure since well, its free testing...

Thanks for the help

Ben

Hi Ben,

You are indeed a studious kid. Delayed seroconversion is an extremely rare occurrence and consequently, not well studied. I agree we have no evidence that Truvada would inhibit the production of anti-HIV antibodies.

Ding Dong Injury- Can people trust the rapid hiv tests? (Seattle Department Finds OraSure HIV Test to Be Less Accurate Than Label Claims)
kidney stones and Atripla