Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Caresses in the Sauna
Sep 8, 2008

Dear Dr. Bob,

First let me thank you for doing what you are doing, this is a wonderful mission. My question is probably going to be boring to you, since I see a lot of people worrying in these forums, and I am just another one of them... So I appreciate your kindness and patience.

I am a married white male, 32 years old, and I have been masturbating in the showers with this guy at the gym for about a year. It's our little routine, but he has always wanted to do more. Today we were in the sauna, and I let him touch my chest with his hand. We had just started to masturbate, and he used his left hand to play with my nipples, and then he caressed my hairy chest with the palm of his hand... I obviously know the risks of transmission for HIV, but we live in such a doubtful society...

I was confortable with what he was doing until I remembered that I had a little zit on my chest that had being bleeding a tiny little bit a couple of hours before. Of course, that's enough to get me all paranoid: what if there was some pre-cum on the palm of his hand who had been in contact with my zit...

I immediately went to the shower and washed my chest with soap...

I would really like you to let me know whether I should worry or not.

Anxious to hear back from you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Anxious to Hear Back,

Another married white guy who masturbates in the showers at the gym with other guys???? YIKES, you're like the 10th one this week. Aren't any married guys really straight anymore?????

Your HIV worries are completely unwarranted and most likely linked to guilt about your man-on-man gym workouts! I'd suggest you get some counseling to explore sexual orientation issues. It could be the key, not only to decreasing your anxiety levels, but also to your future health and happiness.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
what to do
Next
Contacting guy re: risk encounter - penultimate update

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.