Caresses in the Sauna

Dear Dr. Bob,

First let me thank you for doing what you are doing, this is a wonderful mission. My question is probably going to be boring to you, since I see a lot of people worrying in these forums, and I am just another one of them... So I appreciate your kindness and patience.

I am a married white male, 32 years old, and I have been masturbating in the showers with this guy at the gym for about a year. It's our little routine, but he has always wanted to do more. Today we were in the sauna, and I let him touch my chest with his hand. We had just started to masturbate, and he used his left hand to play with my nipples, and then he caressed my hairy chest with the palm of his hand... I obviously know the risks of transmission for HIV, but we live in such a doubtful society...

I was confortable with what he was doing until I remembered that I had a little zit on my chest that had being bleeding a tiny little bit a couple of hours before. Of course, that's enough to get me all paranoid: what if there was some pre-cum on the palm of his hand who had been in contact with my zit...

I immediately went to the shower and washed my chest with soap...

I would really like you to let me know whether I should worry or not.

Anxious to hear back from you.

Hello Anxious to Hear Back,

Another married white guy who masturbates in the showers at the gym with other guys???? YIKES, you're like the 10th one this week. Aren't any married guys really straight anymore?????

Your HIV worries are completely unwarranted and most likely linked to guilt about your man-on-man gym workouts! I'd suggest you get some counseling to explore sexual orientation issues. It could be the key, not only to decreasing your anxiety levels, but also to your future health and happiness.

what to do
Contacting guy re: risk encounter - penultimate update