hiv poz partner

i had unprotected sex for under two minutes, vaginal with an hiv poz man and i am negative. i also gave him oral sex five times. he is just over the level of undetectable. he did not cum in me any of those times, he pulled out way before. he said he did this kind of thing with his other girlfriend of eleven years and she did not get infected. i am totally freaked out at what i did. it goes against everything i know. i know i have to get tested in ninety days, but are there any statistics you know of on transmission during such encounters? i am really freaked out, taking my temperature ten times a day kind of freaked out.

Statistical estimates aren't really all that helpful after the fact! What you need to know (and what you clearly now realize) is that unprotected sex places you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Consequently, you'll need an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. That your poz partner didn't ejaculate in you may decrease the risk somewhat, but it does not eliminate it. Since this activity "goes against everything (you) know," I don't need to lecture you about safer sexual techniques. What I will do, however, is advise you to take the thermometer out of your mouth! Taking your temperature ten times a day is nutty and you look ridiculous doing it. It's not going to change the results of your test. Stop freaking out and refocus that energy to ensure you never wind up in a situation like this again!

Good luck!

Concerns Careing from HIV patient (CARING FOR AN HIV/AIDS PATIENT AT HOME)
is qualitative immunoassay test accurate for detecting hiv?