GF attacked and scratched, tested -ve, can I also be -ve?

Hi Doc

My gf was recently the victim of crime and due to her assailants scratching her the doc's put her on PEP and she was tested for hiv. She tested -ve. 4 months ago I had an exposure but never was tested, myself and my gf have had plenty of unprotected sex many times since my last potential exposure, yet she has tested -ve now, four months down the line, can this mean I am safe to?

I have learnt my lesson and will forever be safe from now on. I also know I need to get tested for 100% certainty, but i still want to lknow what you reckon my odds are?

Thank you for your awesome and super informative site. God bless.

Two quick points:

1. PEP is not warranted, due to scratches from an unknown assailant.

2. You cannot use your girlfriend's negative HIV test or negative HIV status to determine your status. The reason is that not all HIV exposures lead to HIV transmission. In fact, most do not. Hence, that you had unprotected sex with your girlfriend and she has tested negative is not proof that you are negative as well. By the way, if you had an HIV risk four months ago and are at all worried that you could be HIV positive, it's unconscionable that you elected to have unprotected sex with your girlfriend! It's time you manned-up, level with your girlfriend, accept responsibility for your actions and take your own HIV test!

an X worrier
blips