Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

an X worrier

hey dr.bob!!!

hows it going? hope all is well!! i wanted to write a small little something to the worried people out there. kuz i no longer am!!!

this is my story:

i come from a very religiously conservative family. at 20 yrs old, during a drunken party while attending college i ended up having sex with a girl (im a guy), the condom broke, so i put on a new one and continued... then i realised that it was taking forever to cum, so i asked the girl, are u clean, she said yes, i told her i was too so i removed the condom and we had unprotected sex for about another 20 minutes. but the time it was done the skin on my penis was very raw!! 3 months later i decide i should have a test just in case, so i call the girl up and ak her what her sexual past was, and it was not pretty (for me anyway) loads of unprotected sex with random dudes and when she said she was protected the night before, she said that it was a case of 'it could never happen to me'... so i take my ass to the clinic and find out insurance doesnt pay for it, i have to dish out 300$ that i dont have, so i decide to go home and wait til i have the money. meanwhile i started looking online for symptomes and the song begins: yes i was lethargic, got a flu, nightsweats, rashes, inflammation of the nodes etc, and yes they were inflammed nodes confirmed by a dr. it is now 2 years later and i still have 2 massive submandibular nodes(2cm swollen), one sub lingual node 1.5 cm. i have have chronic diarhhea for 2 years, i didnt even know what a regular shit looked like so i had asked my brother if his shits were the same, and they wernt, white tongue, oral sores, etc etc, etc.... 2 and a half years later i run into this girl again and we go for a coffee and she tell me she is going to become a resident of the country we live in, i told her so was i (were both international students) i asked her about the process because i knew there was a HIV test involed in the selection and she said she was past phase one of the naturalisation and is moving forward to part 2.. part 1 is the one the scan ur lungs, and do a zillion blood tests... that told me her test was negative... so i went and got an appointment at a testing clinic and guess what.... 2.5 years of anguish, stress, no sex, no one to talk to about it, constantly checking it out online, ive come and posted zillions of questions here under different forms to find out my chances of being clean, no sleep, trying to find a way to tell my parents i would die before them because i was 'sinful' and for what.... to be the biggest pussy in the world, wait 2.5 years to fid out she got tested first so i would go get tested to finally bury my fears and find out i was negative this whole time, and my symptoms were psychosomatic. i feel like a total idiot.... if ur worried, get tested... because ignorance is not bliss, its f*cking hell!!!

take care dr frascino.

Thanks for taking the time to write in to share your story and your wonderful news. WOO-HOO! I'm shocked that the initial clinic you visited wanted you to pay $300 for an HIV test. That's absurd! Generally, it's 50 bucks top, even at the most prestigious offices (the ones that give you a cup of designer coffee or herbal tea while you wait your 20 minutes for your result)!

I absolutely agree ". . . ignorance is not bliss, it's f*cking hell!!!" When it comes to HIV, what you don't know can indeed hurt you!

Be well. Stay well.

Broken condom a month ago
GF attacked and scratched, tested -ve, can I also be -ve?