Broken condom a month ago

Dear Dr.Bob,

The irony of all this is that I ALWAYS USE CONDOMS and this time it broke! I was the "top" but my"trick" says hes neg. I have been a wreck and now so wiped out with fatigue, weakness, night sweats, sore throat, achy and cant breathe well (concerned) and "flu" after dealing with a bad cold first. It has now been 28 days and i tested today with the orasure and was neg. But i got a question.

If HIV dies in the air and this test pricks your finger to get blood to put in a vial wouldnt the virus die going through the air to enter the vial? So Im neg at 28 day why am i still sick! Im scared im seroconverting. Please help me. I know I need to test again until 13 weeks to rest asured but Im a wreck and feel terrible physically. Please help me. What are my chances of getting infected. PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP.

Thanks Miami

Hello Miami,

Oh, another QTND (question that never dies)! OraSure HIV tests (as well as ELISA tests, EIA, rapid tests and all other antibody tests) do not measure actual live HIV virus, but rather anti-HIV antibodies. These are specific proteins directed against HIV made by the body's immune system as it mounts an immunologic defense against the invading germ (HIV).

The vast majority of HIV-infected individuals have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four to six weeks from the time of infection. That you tested antibody negative at 28 days is very encouraging, but not yet definitive.

Stop fretting about "symptoms!" Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. The odds are all in your favor that you did not pick up an unwanted treat from this trick. If you're still in touch with Mr. Trick, you could ask him to retest. If he's negative, you can breathe another sigh of relief. Although you'll still need your three-month test to obtain a conclusive determination of your negative status.

Pornstar Worries Pt5 (Apology & Last post)
an X worrier