I used handsanitizer on my penis after sex

Dr Bob, You are truly a great man I learned a great deal from this website. The donation is on it's way for your great Foundation.

Ok this is my story. I had protected sex with a prostitute on may 21 and she provided the condom and after sex she used a wet towel to clean my penis after that I went to the bathroom and stupidly applied a hand sanitizer on my penis and I felt a burning sensation inside opening of my penis. after a couple days I was fatige and tired. after two weeks I was dehydrated, stomach upset, night sweat, tired dry mouth and no energy for almost one month. I went to the ER twice and doctors didn't find any thing wrong. I went to the infectious disease specialist after eight weeks and he run all kind of tests on me such as elisa, viral load, cd4 count, and western blot for lyme disease. The result came negative on elisa, undetectable on viral load less than 50 copies. cd4 count was 974. the only thing that I was positive for Lyme disease p41 was present on Western Blot test for Lyme diseas. The doctor said not to worry about anything I am definitely negative and told me that I don't have Lyme diseas as well becuase I don't haave the symptom for Lyme, but I am so worried because I was not sure about the condem since the prostitute provided the condom plus the wet towel she used to clean my penis. When I used sanitizer to clean my penis I am worried if the virus was present on my penis the hand sanitizer might have moved it inside.

Also I did an eleven months rapid test came out negative. I will do my 13 weeks test in couple of weeks. here is my questions.

I know that p41 is related to HIV should I worry about the presence of p41 in my blood on Western blot was done for Lyme disease. Is it possible that p41 be present on the blood of a healthy person who is hiv negative and does not have Lyme diseas. Is it possible that viral load become undetectable in eight weeks before the body makes anti body. many many thanks for your great service for worried people like me.

You hand-sanitized your Mr. Happy? OUCHAMAGOUCHA! No wonder it stung when you rubbed that stuff on the urethra (pee hole). But don't worry, you didn't cause any significant harm.

Regarding your HIV-acquisition risk, if a latex condom was used properly and did not break, your risk would be essentially nonexistent. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 11 weeks (not 11 months as you indicate in your post) plus an undetectable HIV plasma viral load and normal CD4 count corroborate the non-risk! (Personally, I do not feel such an extensive workup was indicated.)

Regarding a band 41 on a Lyme disease Western Blot, this has nothing to do with a p41 band on an HIV Western Blot! The Lyme disease Western Blot 41 band is a marker for flagellin protein found in spirochetes, including Borrelia burgdorferi (the organism that causes Lyme disease). I can't tell from your post if your band 41 was an IgM or IgG antibody blot. The first band to show up on a Lyme disease patient's IgM blot is usually the 41 k Da band. This band is not highly specific for Lyme disease. Consequently, the presence of only this band is not considered adequate for a Lyme disease diagnosis. Also, if you've been ill for more than six weeks, IgG, rather than IgM, results would be used for a Lyme's diagnosis. This topic is complex and outside the scope of this HIV forum. The bottom line is that you certainly don't have HIV and, from the information provided, I doubt you have Lyme disease either. Unfortunately, I can't diagnose your symptoms over the Internet, but I can advise that your HIV worries are unwarranted.

RE: Aren't you ashamed Dr. Frascino?
No sleep from 2 days! (NON-OCCUPATIONAL POST EXPOSURE PROPHYLAXIS)