Worried Father Again - Please answer(From Singapore)

Dear Doctor,

Sorry to take your valuable time. I need your advise again. I have not seen the psychiatric based on your previous advise due to my financial conditions. This time when I get my next salary I will use it make donation to your foundation rather then paying to psychiatric. In Singapore asking medical advise HIV related is big issue as you have to go for test and if you are foreigner (like me from India) there is good probability that your work permit will be cancelled and will be ask to leave.

My new worry is following: Last Friday (29th August)while I was assembling new book rack for my son and I accidentaly injured my hand, although the wound was painful and approx 2 inch long but there was no bleeding. On Tuesday (2nd September) when I took the public bus for office, I realised there is some liquid on my bag which I was holding with my hand and my wound (alomost healed and fully scabed) was touching this liquid. I am panicking again if this was body fluid (semen) then am I exposed to hiv again. Please advise - probably this is my last question. I will try to overcome my fear by meditation. The previous mail is as follows: _____________________ Cut on the finger - worried father (your advice is life saving medicine to me)

I had unprotected oral sex around three years back and I have done HIV test(after six months of the exposure)and the result was negative. Recently I had very bad fever/sore throat which made me worried about my HIV status. Two days back I went to local clinic in Singapore for the HIV test (using ORAQUICK) and the result was negative. After receiving the test I noticed that I had small cut on my finger. Instead of being happy that the HIV result was in my favour, I am extremely worried whether I could have touch something in the clinic which puts me at risk for HIV.

Doctor, this is special clinic in Singapore where anonymous HIV testing is allowed and most of the patients are with high risk of HIV exposure.

Please advise I am so depressed that I cannot even look at my son.

Thanks & Best Regards God Bless you for all of your good work.

Your HIV fears are irrational and unwarranted. Your negative HIV test three years after your unprotected oral sexcapade is definitive and conclusive. ______________________ Having a small cut on your finger while attending an STD clinic for HIV testing is not a risk for HIV acquisition. Gosh, if HIV were that easy to get, it would have wiped out the planet long ago. With such severe and irrational HIV-related fears, I'd suggest you consider getting psychological or psychiatric help so that you can confront and conquer these totally unwarranted HIV worries.

Hello Worried Father again,

Touching an unknown liquid with an "almost healed and fully scabbed" injury on your hand is not a risk for HIV. Once again, your worries are completely unwarranted. Your problem remains psychological, not virologic!

Be well. Stay well. Stop worrying! HIV is in reality not easy to contract!

Can you give yourself HIV (MASTURBATION 2008) (QTND: CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV OR STD BY MASTURBATION, 2008)
Full respect for you doc