PEP TESTING CONFUSING?????????

Hi Dr. Bob

I had vaginal intercourse with a sex worker (Status Unknown) it wasnt until afterwards that I discovered the condom had broken. I panicked and went to the nearest hospital where I received a regiment of PEP.

I then had an antibody test 6 weeks after my exposure Retested at 19 weeks and result was negative. My final test was at 25 weeks and Result was negative. All these test where done based on the date after exposure.

I then read that the first 6 week test should be done after completion of the PEP regiment? So this then means my 25 week test after exposure was actually a 147 (21 weeks) antibody test after completing PEP.

How soon would antibodies develop if PEP was unsuccessful? Im worried to death so am I HIV negative? And would the 21 week Elisa test after pep be considered conclusive?

Hope you can help Doc

Relax Max! You're fine. The post-PEP HIV testing at six weeks, three months and six months links to the exposure date, not the completion-of-PEP date.

You dodged the HIV bullet. Yell WOO-HOO!

Be well. Stay well.

WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO
Can you give yourself HIV (MASTURBATION 2008) (QTND: CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV OR STD BY MASTURBATION, 2008)