Am I crazy??

I recently broke a condom while having vaginal sex with a girl and a few days later she got tested for HIV and it was negative. I went away for 3 weeks, came back and had sex with her again and the condom broke again but was only off for about 5 seconds before I pulled out. She is just a casual partner and I dont know what she was up to while I was gone. Im only 21 and I think about it all the time. Am I acting crazy or should I be worried?

Are you crazy? Well, I'm not a psychiatrist, but nothing in your post makes me think your driveway doesn't quite go all the way to the street (so to speak).

Should you be worried? Yep, I'd be a bit worried. Your condoms broke twice in a row! Dude, time to check the expiration date on your raincoats. Condoms, when properly used, very seldom fail (break). Perhaps it was the lubricant. Latex condoms are only compatible with water-based and silicone-based lubricants. Oil-based lubricants can denature the latex and increase the risk the condoms will break.

As for STDs, including HIV, anytime you have unprotected sex (or broken-condom sex), there is some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. If your exposure was limited to "5 seconds," certainly your risk would be slight, but unfortunately it's not completely nonexistent. My advice is:

1. Get a rapid HIV test at the three-month mark to put any residual worries permanently to rest.

2. Check your condoms for expiration date and also review proper condom technique to decrease the risk of condom failure.

HIV+ rimmer to HIV- receiver (RIMMING 2008)
WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO