Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I went and got tested:part 2
Sep 3, 2008

Thanks for the positve response Dr. Bob. Just a quick emai, like I said,my 2 unprotected sexapades was oral "I received 1 long time ejaculated bj. And 2nd time Ireceived bj but did not cum. tried first time for 10 seconds trial, but hated it and got scared after I felt some precum on tip of my tongue and stopped. Did not spit it out wasnt thinking I guess.Do not recall seeing any blood in either times. or blood on my penis. Have HSV?HPV but no flare ups at either times of bj's. Did notice a canker sore on inside bottom lip a week or so later that had a whiteish skin on it. Was gone next day. Anyway, last bj was in first week of may. Got tested close to end of August. That is past the 3 month mark but should I get another in 6 months in feb.09? Remember I mentioned in another email about BMS, I have been takeing antibiotics for teeth infection and it seems my BMS has died down a bit, so I do not know if the antibiotics is killing some kind of yeast on my tongue even though I see nothing their at all never have. Or, since I went and got a test it calmed my fears a bit. Most what I found said BMS is mostly found in females sometimes men too. Many things can cause it? Severe stress,candidas,diet,lack of B-vitamin etc and HIV. I do smoke and want to quit. This burning tongue thing has calmed down but only get worse when I smoke.

Aug 30, 2008 I went and got tested I took your advice from reading all the posts. I went and got tested for stds/hiv. Gave all past info of any medical problems and I explained the encounters I had which was getting a blowjob "long time" and giving a 10 second oral. Told of symptoms I was going thru. I was told same thing that you tell many, oral sex is very low chance and rare from their experience. That I was getting symptoms from over worrys. I still am nervous I admit and decided that if it comes back positive I will just have to accept it as I already have concluded in my mind I am +... They mentioned it would be a surprize if I was positive. Thanks for this website and how you respond to everyone here. I hope for your good luck Karma that all is well. God Bless.

Response from Dr. Frascino Hi,

I'm glad you finally decided to get tested rather than continue to worry. Since you have "concluded in (your) mind (you) are positive," I suggest you begin to consider your conclusion was mistaken! I remain confident you'll soon be WOO-HOOing and writing in with a typical "Dr. Bob, guess what?!?! I'm negative!!!" type letter, which I will post and add to the astoundingly large collection of similar testimonials already posted in the archives. And I want to remind you in advance, I did indeed "guess what!"

Good luck. Dr. Bob

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I assume your test at the end of August was negative, right? If so, you should just yell WOO-HOO and stop worrying. A negative HIV-antibody test three months or longer after the last potential HIV exposure is considered to be definitive and conclusive. No further testing is warranted.

Burning mouth syndrome can be caused by many different things from toothpaste to food allergies to erythematous candidiasis.

My strongest piece of advice is to quit smoking. If you don't, cigarettes will kill you in a very painful and undignified way.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr.Bob, do you have a moment?
Next
Acute Symptoms as Severe in IDUs

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.