Dr.Bob, do you have a moment?

Good evening Dr.Bob, I had a question that has been bugging me for a while. I've had numerous encounters in the past, protected/unprotected. I recently had a rapid HIV test conducted (Oraquick Oral Advance HIV 1/2) that turned out to be negative to my surprise! This about 2 years post my last exposure. BTW, this has been my first ever HIV test. First things first, can I rely on the results? Secondly, I have NEVER had an STD (symptoms that is) present. Is that a good sign? I'll make a donation regardless if you respond or not just because no one deserves this virus. Take care, best wishes, have a great night!

Marvin

Hello Marvin,

A negative OraQuick Advance HIV-1/2 two years after your last potential exposure is indeed definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional testing is warranted.

As for other STDs, yes, certainly not having symptoms is indeed a good sign. Your doctor can screen you for basic STDs as part of your next routine visit if you're worried.

I strongly recommend you only play safe in the future to avoid ever having to go through this uncertainty again.

Play safe to stay safe, OK? Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

HI THERE
I went and got tested:part 2