Sucking is great fun

Dear doctor, I'm a gay male who engages in cock sucking at the exclusion of any other sexual activity, and I do not intend to ever change that. I've met many gay men and I don' t know anyone who would use a condom in oral sex. The prevailing opinion is that condom reduces the pleasure of cock sucking. In fact, to my understanding sucking cock without a condom is widespread. As I understand from your forum and various other sources we are exposed only to a very low HIV risk when sucking without a condom. If not so a serious warning should be sent to the gay community because we all suck without a condom.

The risk of HIV from oral sex is very low. This has been known and widely accepted for many years. Certainly many folks (particularly gay men) have decided the low risk for oral; sex is "low enough" that they choose not to latex coat their penis Popsicles. If oral sex was indeed a significant risk, the incidence and prevalence of HIV would be skyrocketing. We must all decide what level of safety we are willing to accept based on what is known scientifically and our own particular levels of comfort. I tend to agree with you that many (? most) MSM don't suit up for a taste of Mr. Happy. (At least that's what my friends who frequent San Francisco's popular sex club called "Blow Buddies" tell me!)

Consequently, I do not feel a "serious warning" should be sent to the gay community; however, updating scientifically sound, factually accurate information so that everyone can make informed decisions continues to be warranted.

Irrational fears: they don't have to control you.
TESTING IDIOT