Sometimes your answers piss me off!

Personally, I have been worried out of my mind over a possible HIV exposure that occurred three months ago. I took your advice and had a oraquick test at 12 weeks. However, due to smoking multiple cigarettes and drinking soda prior to the test the swab was brown and covered in gunk. In addition, the counselor gave me my negative result within 15 minutes after I took the test so I dont believe it. I than ordered a comprehensive STD test from Labsafe and I was supposed to have my results within 48 hours. However, something went wrong and they ordered the wrong tests and now I wont have my result until sometime next week. I guess I am really pissed off and scared right now. I have been reading your forum for three months now and I value your advice. I have spent hours searching your forum for advice, but I consistently run into one problem. I find a post which addresses a concern I have and than I go to your answer If you would have searched the forum you would have found the answer to your question. I spend hours searching your forum only to get an answer telling me to spend time searching the forum and I will find my answer. I dont expect a response I just wanted to let you know how annoying it is to search your forum for an answer to hear if you searched the forum you would find the answers to your questions. You really need to improve your search function on this site.

Hello Pissed Off,

If you think it takes hours of time to search for an answer, just imagine how many hours of time it takes me to read through the thousands and thousands of questions I sift through on a daily basis and then select questions and type a specific (and often repetitive) response! I remind folks to check the archives, because there are gazillions of anxious cigarette-smoking, soda-drinking wrecks, like you, constantly hounding me for the identical information and/or reassurance that I've already given to many other anxious wrecks with similar problems. As for improving the search function, sorry, that's not my job. Complain to The Body Central. I have my hands full providing scientifically sound, factually accurate, up-to-date information with the occasional (OK, more than occasional) wise-assed comment thrown in for comic relief. By the way, when I advise folks to search the archives, I also provide them with a specific direct answer to their question. So ratchet down your caffeinated-drink-infused, nicotine-inhaled anxiety levels and redirect your rage to something more useful, OK? As it is, I frequently feel like the Department of Redundancy Department. I'll leave you with one piece of specific health advice, even though you didn't ask for it. Stop smoking! If you don't, cigarettes will indeed kill you in a very painful and undignified fashion.

Am I eligible for PEP?
Gay HIV+ partner has bareback sex with other HIV+ people