Worried In Houston

Dr.Francisco:

Thank you very much for your repply. I wish there were more caring persons like you in this world. You are doing a great job and I will continue to donate frequently because education is very important for beating this disease. Thanks again. The skins on my finger were intact (no cuts or bleeding). You are awsome and please keep up the good work. Why this that getting a blow job if no bleeding or previous infection is safer than going down on a women?

You're welcome!

"Why 'this that' getting a blowjob if no bleeding or previous infection is safer than going down on a women?" Well, because it's not! HIV transmission/acquisition risk from either of these activities is considered extremely low and related primarily to extenuating circumstances.

Hope Houston avoids Gustav's wrath!

Be well.

Worried In Houston...Please respond Aug 30, 2008

Hi Dr.Fransisco: Please please respond to my question. In december of Las Vegas I went to las Vegas. I met a women who came to my room. She gave me a hand job and and I touched her breiefly on her vagina lips. There were no sex involved. Afterwords, I masterbated myself. Ever since then, I have been really ashamed and feeling guilty. I asked my doc and he said this contact with her vagina is nothing to worry about. But I much rather hear this from you. I promise to God I will go to your charity and donate end of this month. Please please help!

Hi Worried in Houston,

In December of Las Vegas you went to Las Vegas???? WHAT?

I absolutely agree with your doctor's assessment. Assuming the skin on your fingers was intact, your HIV risk was nonexistent. Yep! absolutely zero, zilch, nada, null, nothing, bupkis! This is definitely one of those "what happened in Vegas stays in Vegas" situations!

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Speaking of "warmly," I just arrived in Houston en route to Atlanta and it's more than "warm" here today. It's hot! But I am enjoying the cowboys in their boots and Stetsons roaming the airport. Yippee ay yea indeed!

several questions.
HIV Exposure, Test at 10 weeks and pregnant wife