Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worried In Houston
Sep 2, 2008

Dr.Francisco:

Thank you very much for your repply. I wish there were more caring persons like you in this world. You are doing a great job and I will continue to donate frequently because education is very important for beating this disease. Thanks again. The skins on my finger were intact (no cuts or bleeding). You are awsome and please keep up the good work. Why this that getting a blow job if no bleeding or previous infection is safer than going down on a women?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You're welcome!

"Why 'this that' getting a blowjob if no bleeding or previous infection is safer than going down on a women?" Well, because it's not! HIV transmission/acquisition risk from either of these activities is considered extremely low and related primarily to extenuating circumstances.

Hope Houston avoids Gustav's wrath!

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Worried In Houston...Please respond Aug 30, 2008

Hi Dr.Fransisco: Please please respond to my question. In december of Las Vegas I went to las Vegas. I met a women who came to my room. She gave me a hand job and and I touched her breiefly on her vagina lips. There were no sex involved. Afterwords, I masterbated myself. Ever since then, I have been really ashamed and feeling guilty. I asked my doc and he said this contact with her vagina is nothing to worry about. But I much rather hear this from you. I promise to God I will go to your charity and donate end of this month. Please please help!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Worried in Houston,

In December of Las Vegas you went to Las Vegas???? WHAT?

I absolutely agree with your doctor's assessment. Assuming the skin on your fingers was intact, your HIV risk was nonexistent. Yep! absolutely zero, zilch, nada, null, nothing, bupkis! This is definitely one of those "what happened in Vegas stays in Vegas" situations!

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Speaking of "warmly," I just arrived in Houston en route to Atlanta and it's more than "warm" here today. It's hot! But I am enjoying the cowboys in their boots and Stetsons roaming the airport. Yippee ay yea indeed!

Dr. Bob

Previous
several questions.
Next
HIV Exposure, Test at 10 weeks and pregnant wife

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.