Lysol

Im a Police officer, and the other day I had arrestted a drug user who had bled on my handcuff. After drpping him off at jail I got back my cuffs and sprayed them down with Lysol then wiped them down with Viraguard Antiseptic Wipes (says effective for Hep) Then after the I viewed no visable blood. Aprox 41hrs later Next shift,I rinsed them off and when i went to dry them off I used a hand blow dryer in a public bath room, which was pointed up, and spray some of the dripping water from the cuffs back into my face and eyes. I am very scared I might have got a tiny amount of miroscopic blood in my eyes. Please HElp! There was no visable boold and if there was it would have been dried up.

No blood visible sprayed in my eyes, just water off the cuffs that might have went over a microscopic amount of blood and that virus might have gotten a ride from a drop of water into my eyes.... Just very nervous about HEP C and HIV I have report the incident and have gotten tested. Would the high amount of lysol combind with antiseptic wipes kill the viruses

I wipped them down first then spray lots of lysol on the cuffs.

Hello Police Officer,

Your fears are totally unwarranted. Your risk of contracting HIV or hepatitis from those super clean cuffs is completely nonexistent. Yep, your risk is exactly zero, zip, nada, null, nothing, zilch, bupkis! OK? HIV testing is not warranted. HIV does not live very long outside the body and neither HIV nor hepatitis C would survive your Mr. Clean routine!

Stop worrying and go catch bad guys!

Suiside
HIV+ couple want children