Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Suiside
Aug 30, 2008

Dear Doctor, I had send you my question somany times related to HIV Infection and Test Result. But there was no answer. I had protected sex with CSW on June 13, 2008. But I don'nt know how mach safe I got from that Condom. Any way that sex was my first and last in my life. Now 10 weeks already over. Three times I had tested my blood. All are came out negetive. My last test was in the ninenth week of the possible exposure. Now I am suffering all symthoms related to HIV Infection. Now 18 days remaining to complete 3 months winodw peroid. I am now suffering high level anxiety. I want to test my blood on on Sepetember 13 (I will complete 3 months window period on this day). But I am sure I cannot hear the result. The result may by..........? My ambition was you can help me in this situation. But you also avoided me. Now 20 days remaining in my life. After that....I desided to suiside. Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Sorry I cannot help you. I am not a psychiatrist, nor am I your therapist. You already know what to do. Get an HIV test at the three-month mark if you've placed yourself at risk for HIV. And if you even scanned the copious archives, you would realize "symptoms," even "all the symptoms related to HIV," are not reliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. So how can I possibly help you? I can't undo whatever you did to place yourself at risk. I can't speed up time to make the window period go by faster for you. I can't predict the result of your HIV test, if you "don'nt know how much safe you got from that condom!" I'm also not at all keen on responding to histrionic drama queens who threaten "suiside" at the mere thought of getting a positive diagnosis for a medical condition that I have lived with for over 16 years. If you want to cut your life short, that's your decision. I prefer to help people who desire to live and cherish the gift of life.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Risk, worry & OCD
Next
Lysol

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.