Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hi dr bob ,pleeeeeeeeeese need help
Aug 30, 2008

hi first of all i would like to thank you for wonderful job you do for the community. i live in middle east. i have practicing safe sex every time with CSW only chinese & thailand women, out of all this my last exposure to a CSW was in May 08.( condom brokage never noticed )- the csw had given me a blow job for 5 minte( not ejaculated in her mouth ) after ejaculation , she has wipe the penis with a tissue & given for nother 5 mintes too. ( no visible cuts or sores in the penis)

i have undergone a minor sugery in my abdomn in june 08 after the surgery i have taken doxiciline 100g for 7 days. for possible infection.

since then i have developed the followint symptoms

1. a white cort on the toung( since july 08)

2. oral candidiasis on both side of the cheek.( since july 08)

3.Aphthous ulces in the both sides of the toungh.( since july 08)

pain in testicals along with a burning sensation in july 08. ( which went a way withn a week)

4. 3 days fever during anitbiotics.

5.difficlulty for breathing.( some times)

6.swellon lymp nodes ( in the neck since july 08.( a week before )

under arm pit not. groin area ( a week before)

All lymp nodes are slightly painfuly when press but not visible.

it has being sleepless nights for me since june 08. 3 doctors have obeseved me no test done, ( only physical examination)

concultions are as below.

1. ulcers & white coating are in the toung since anitibotics/vitamin B12 diffeciancy

2. lypm node swelling can be a trush

apart from the conclution every doctor has given me anitibiotics so far nothing has worked.

& doctors have concluded no sign of HIV & ulcers white coat , brethlesness has nothing to got to with HIV ,& TEST IS NOT REQUIRED.

I NEED A HONEST OPENION FROM YOU. I AM PLANING TAKE A TEST IN NEXT MONTH,( not sure wether i have to do or not ) in my self some how i feel thati have beeing infected, this thoght has troubled be for last 3d months, sleepless nights, i havent even archived my carrier goals, & fear of HIV has made my anxity wose.

ill wil be sending a donation to your wonderful organisation soon.

Thnaks in advance

regards franky

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Franky,

Your HIV risk is negligible at best. I agree with your doctors: your symptoms are not worrisome for or suggestive of HIV infection. Solely due to your anxiety and worry, I would suggest you get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark to put these residual (and unwarranted) concerns permanently to rest. I'm quite confident your definitive HIV test will be negative.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your generosity in helping others who are in desperate need is warmly appreciated. In return, I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative.

Good luck. Be well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
I went and got tested
Next
Thanks for the gift

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.