Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Molluscum + Warts = Hiv? HELP IVE BEEN WRTING TO YOU FOR 4 YEARS WITH NO RESPONSE
Aug 30, 2008

When I was young (around 12)I did some experimenting with my friends at the time. Mainly giving and receiving oral sex with some ejaculation ( i dont think i swallowed but who knows). Well anyways 8 years of worrying im going crazy. I have had a problem with warts ( on my wrist and some on me feet) and i just keep getting more. I also just got two of what my doctor said was molluscum frozen off my genital region. I keep noticing new warts small ones and i dont know what to do. I also had a blood count test done a year back and my doc said everything was normal

Can you get molluscum by not coming in contact with it? or does it live in your body and come out when your immune system is compromised.

Do common warts and planters warts normally appear in people with HIV?

Based on my symptoms should i be tested.

Please i have been reading your forum since i was 16 and they have help me through a period where i though every time i got sick i had aids. I really need to hear what you have to say. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Wow, you and your buddies were swapping blowjobs at age 12? Hmm . . . you must be Italian, right?

Regarding the decision whether to get HIV tested, this should not be based on the presence or absence of symptoms! Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Testing should be undertaken based on risk! If you've placed yourself at risk, you should be tested. It's really just that simple and straightforward. Blowjobs at age 12 would have an extremely remote risk for HIV acquisition/transmission. However, since you've been worrying for eight years, why not just get a rapid HIV test? You'd have a definitive answer in as few as 20 minutes. I'm quite confident your test result would be negative.

Regarding warts, please note these are incredibly common and are not specifically linked to HIV/AIDS. Molluscum contagiosum is another common dermatologic problem. Having two frozen off your genital region is not an indication your immune system is compromised.

Stop worrying!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Big Guy, Small Jacket
Next
VL and CD4

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.