YOU HAV TO HELP ME

Hi Doc,

I am in great confusion, my problem Start like this, I was very decent person and Very God fearing person since from my child hood. Unfortunately, bad Karma spoiled me in 1991, I got contact with a women has HIV 2 in my working and I cant control my self after hearing from her sex life ( I did not know she has HIV 2 ) I contacted her and spent couple hours with her, that was my worst period. I forget every thing after that and normal as usual and got married to a wonderful girl in 1992. Since from 92 I had sex with my wife without any protection by end of 92 I got a son and I came to U.S. in 1994. In 1996 I had one more son. All were ok until 2003 November. I had a Stroke in Dec 2003 and everything was wrong from that time. Doc told me that blood was clot in my brain but I was getting weaker every month, he tested my blood and came to now that, I have HIV 2. That was big shock to me. Since from that time, I was not having sex with my wife for 2 years. Later on I started sex with condoms but unfortunately I cant get orgasm nor ejaculation the reason I was not feeling at all. So, I stop using condom thinking that, all these years I did not used Condom; no one got affected by this, so I assume that, This will be ok. But I am too scared now. If some thing wrong happens to my wife I will not be forgiven by her or by myself.

Doc, I request you kindly advise me proper guidance and answer me at the earliest and send your charity details, I will definitely send donation to your charity. Hope to get your answer without fail.

Scared guy.

Hello Scared Guy,

As for your plea, "YOU HAVE TO HELP ME," I have helped you several times before (see below). Consequently, I'll be brief. By having unprotected sex with your wife, you are placing her at great risk of contracting HIV-2. Remember, this is exactly how you acquired the illness! That you did not use condoms for a number of years and she did not get infected is no guarantee that she won't acquire the virus with the next exposure. Certainly not every exposure results in HIV transmission, but every exposure could result in HIV transmission. I strongly urge you to use condoms for all penetrative sex. Your wife will also need HIV testing at the three- and six-month marks from the time of her last exposure. If you have difficulty using condoms, try different brands and types. Polyurethane (as opposed to latex) might improve your performance. You and your wife might also consider trying the "female condom." If you experience difficulty getting or maintaining an erection, talk to your doctor about erectile dysfunction medication (Viagra, Cialis, Levitra) and/or a constrictor ring ("cock ring"). There are a variety of options to explore other than putting your wife's life in jeopardy solely for your sexual pleasure.

I NEED YOUR ANSWERE VERY BADLY Sep 20, 2006

HI DR.FRAACINO,

I AM WRITING THIS MESSAGE 6TH TIM SO FAR I DIDNOT GET YOUR REPLY LET ME ASK YOU AGAIN I AM 40 YEARS OLD MALE i CAME TO KNOW I HAVE HIV 2 WHEN I APPLIED FOR GREEN CARD BLOOD TESST, I HAVE 2 BEAUTIFUL BOYS AND WONDERFUL WIFE, SINCE I CAME TO KNOW I AM NOT CONCENTRATING ON ANY THING AND TOO SCARED ABOUT MY LIFE EXPECTENCE, THEN I HAD A STROKE IN DEC.2003 AND SURVIVED WITH LEFT SIDE PAIN CONSTANTLY, I AM TAKING MY MEDIAATION REGURLEY MY DOC. TOLD ME THAT HIV2 WILL SLOW DEVELOPMENT AND TAKE LONG TIME TO TURN AIDS, OTHER DOC.TOLD ME IN INDIA THAT,HOMEOPATIC CAN CURE HIV IS IT TRUE. PLEASE ANSWER I BEG YOU.

I already answered most of your questions. See below. Regarding the "HIV cure," no, this is not true. No one has been cured of HIV disease using any treatment modality. Any homeopathic treater who claims he can cure HIV/AIDS is a shameful opportunistic charlatan. Making such false claims and preying on HIV-positive folks' hopes will surely result in cosmic karma payback. Most likely these homeopaths will be reborn as dung beetles.

Stay Well,

GREAT TROUBLE (HIV 2)

DEAR BOB, IAM 40 YEAR OLD TODAY, AND HAVE 2 GOOD BOYS OF MY OWN, I GOT MARRIED IN 1991, BEFORE THAT I HAD SEX WITH PROSTITE AND HAD WORST DISES, I CAME TO US IN 1996 WHEN I APPLID FOR GREEN CARD I WENT FOR BLOOD CHECK UP THEN FIND OUT I HAVE HIV 2 IN 2004 I HAD A STROKE EVEN THOUGH I DON'T HAVE B.P. DIABITIC I HAD IT. IAM TAKING REGULAR MEDICATION AND IAM VERY FEARED THAT HOW LONG I LIVE, BECAUSE ONE STUPID MISTAKE I HHAVE THIS DISEES PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU ADVICE TO LIVE NORMAL LIFE REST OF MY LIFE. THANKS YOUR TIME.

If, indeed, you have contracted HIV (HIV-1 or HIV-2), your best chance of staying healthy and doing well as an HIV-positive individual is to work closely with an HIV/AIDS physician specialist and to adhere closely to your medication regimen. Compared to HIV-1, HIV-2 is less transmissible (five- to eight-fold less efficient than HIV-1 in early-stage disease). It is also associated with a lower viral load and has a slower rate of both CD4 cell decline and clinical progression. Regarding clinical management, HIV-2 is generally not susceptible to non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs), and may have multiple protease inhibitor-associated resistance mutations. Therefore an HIV specialist should be involved in all treatment decisions.

From the information provided, I have no way of knowing if your stroke was related to your HIV-2 disease or HIV-related medications. I suggest you discuss this with your HIV specialist. Incidentally, if not already done, I would also recommend your wife and children be screened for HIV. Although I should also point out that HIV-2 is rarely transmitted vertically (from parent to unborn child). You must also practice safer sexual techniques (latex condoms) with your wife.

my worst night mare (PREGNANCY AND POSITIVE HIV TEST)
Big Guy, Small Jacket